Categories

Common Topics

Community

Getting a Therapy Dog in the Fight Against Dental Phobia

edited June 27 in General Topics
imageGetting a Therapy Dog in the Fight Against Dental Phobia

After experiencing the worst of the worst in childhood dental trauma -- everything from not being given local anesthetic to having teeth drilled with ancient, belt-driven equipment -- I decided there must be a better way.

Read the full story here

Comments

• This is such a great idea! You have very lucky patients :) I wish my dentist had dogs like Mia and Bella! I hope this idea catches on

• Love this idea!

• Bella and Mia bring joy to our office everyday. I appreciate everyone’s thoughtful comments and hope pet therapy continues to grow in all areas of health care.

• A positive way to calm people without using medication. I bet the dogs love getting to come and work with you!

• My dentist has nothing for our comfort no head phones no sedation of any kind no laughing gas barely says what he’s going to do just starts going at it. I’m changing dentists to a caring woman dentist.

• I love this! I totally can relate to the dentistry childhood trauma. That was the worst. I still tell stories to my friends about how frightening it was. The dog idea is brilliant and I really hope that more dentists look in to this! Oh and your dogs are precious!