Categories

Common Topics

Find a Dentist
Community

My smile isn't great, but I don't have any cavities. Dentist suggested veneers. Should I get them?

My smile isn't great, but I don't have any cavities. Dentist suggested veneers. Should I get them? Has anyone gotten veneers and do they like them? Do they hurt?

Tagged:

Answers

• The decision to get veneers depends on the amount of change you are looking for. Things to consider are color, shape, arrangement, and position of your teeth. Sometimes you are able to get desirable outcome without veneers. Like anything else, it just depends! Veneers are a beautiful outcome with the right dentist who is able to listen to your desires. They do not hurt and are a conservative restoration.

• Porcelain veneers are irreversible procedure meaning tooth reshaping is needed. If done properly, you will say, why did I wait that long to get them. If not done with specific protocol, then this can get to sensitivity, and you not liking the final results! A full mouth evaluation is needed, to answer if you are a candidate for dental veneers. There are lots of great information on veneers if you click here: https://best.celebritydentist.com/porcelain-veneers/