Categories

Common Topics

Find a Dentist
Community

Bridge or Implant?

I have a missing tooth and I’m considering getting an implant instead of a bridge. What are the pros and cons of implants?

Tagged:

Answers

• I just got dental implants and I'm really happy with them. I'm 55 and my dentist says that if I take good care of my teeth, they can last for the rest of my life.

• While running through the stairs during my school days, I fell and broke my teeth. My friends started teasing me as my smile looked ugly. I even lost my confidence to smile in front of them. I returned home in a bad mood that day. When I went home and told my mom about this incident, she began searching for good dental clinics in town that do dental implants professionally. While searching online, she came across a dental clinic that does this procedure and booked an appointment with them the next day. She took me to the clinic the next day and explained to the doctor about the incident. The doctor advised me to crown my teeth as it would give me a better appearance. The doctor placed an order for the crown, and I got it done a week later. When I went to school the next day, my friends were so surprised to see my smile. My confidence got boosted up, and I felt very excited and happy. Have you come across such a situation in your schooldays? Please do share your experiences.